Golf is a game that has been around for centuries, so there are plenty of guidelines about how one should behave when playing this sport. For beginners especially, knowing exactly what those guidelines entail might seem confusing at first since they aren’t always obvious; rulebooks on proper behavior often contain hundreds of pages worth of information! At any rate though, according to general consensus within professional circles (so if you’re looking up advice online or asking an experienced player)
Here are 5 things every beginner should know:
1) When your ball lands in the water, you must take a penalty stroke and remove your ball from the hazard (the water).
2) There is no such thing as an ‘invisible tree’ – if it’s on the course, you must always play around it.
3) It’s considered bad form to tap down any live grass before taking your shot; this could damage the roots of any nearby plants.
4) Always stay in bounds on the course, even if it means laying down in order to do so
5) Be sure to use good language when speaking with others on the course. There are children present!
6) Never throw anything at another player – this includes golf balls or any part of your club